The Episcopal Center for Children (ECC) is currently seeking an energetic, creative, and organized educator who demonstrates strong leadership qualities - preferably with experience working with children in grades PK through 5th.
The Part-Time Teacher position in our after school program will be responsible for working with and engaging students in fun, enriching, and educational activities. The Teacher Assistant would be involved in organizing and supervising program activities, events and responsibilities listed below.
Primary Responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Creating and maintaining a safe and secure environment for students.
- Maintaining a relationship with parents and guardians to ensure the success of students.
- Providing homework help for students in grades 2-5.
- Tracking daily attendance and walking students from neighborhood elementary school to ECC ASEP.
- Implementing daily schedule and enrichment activities established by the ECC program
- Maintaining the highest level of professionalism- consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Bringing positive energy, creativity and imagination to work everyday
- Experience working with students in grades PK through 5th in an approved setting (Examples include child development center, summer camp, school, ect.)
- Familiarity of recreational activities and behavior management
Required orientation training
All employees hired must undergo a criminal background check(finger printing)
Must undergo child protection background check if selected for employment
Reports from background check and references must be in good standing.
Subject to MDAT- Mandatory Drug and Alcohol Testing
Compensation: $18 per hour
Hours: 2:45pm - 6:15pm
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 per hour
Expected hours: 17.5 per week
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate: Washington, DC 20015: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Experience: Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
License/Certification: First Aid Certification (Preferred)
CPR Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
To apply, please send a resume to email@example.com